The Community Building Institute (CBI) series offers participants intentional approaches to community entry, needs assessment, and helps folks with tools to start and sustain community-driven programs and initiatives. As part of MTCC's commitment to being an inclusive and community-centered network, this training offers strategies for bringing an equity lens to community change, and supporting the work of people from low-income and minority backgrounds.
CBI is based on the community-building framework, or "6 steps," that are used as a model for sustainable community development initiatives. This training includes six, web-based hour-long sessions facilitated by community leaders. Participants have opportunities to interact with trainers and are provided support materials and receive a certificate upon completion of the training.
The six web-based sessions will start February 19 and go through February 28 from 11:00AM - 12:00PM Mountain Time.
Cost of tickets:
· Waived for faculty, staff and service members from Montana Campus Compact affiliate institutions;
· Other Compact staff and faculty, National Service Members (AmeriCorps and VISTA): $28.00
· General Admission: $55.00
1. Introduction to CBI and Evaluation for Everyday Use
2. Building Community Advisory Groups
3. Community Assessment
4. Strategic Planning and Implementation
5. Creating Community Awareness and Stakeholder Involvement
6. Social Media and Marketing for Nonprofits
To register or for more information, please contact Callye Foster, MTCC Program Specialist email: firstname.lastname@example.org phone: 406-243-2379