Thanks for checking out MTCC’s service opportunities! We are a statewide network of colleges and universities and we work with school districts, nonprofits and government agencies across the state to address community needs in Montana. We’re a proud part of the National Service family, and administer both AmeriCorps and AmeriCorps VISTA programs on behalf of our statewide network.
Want to serve in Montana? Answer these questions below to find the perfect service opportunity to match your strengths, talents and service preferences:
DIRECT SERVICE - AMERICORPS
Serve K-12 youth normalizing college going, mentoring, and increasing student success and college access. Your service will enrich the lives of those you serve and leave lasting impacts on these students, families and Montana communities as well as help to alleviate poverty through attaining higher education. Candidates must be 17 years of age and have some college or be current college students. Click the links below for available positions:
INDIRECT SERVICE - VISTA
Serve behind the scenes with higher education, non-profits and other community and government programs to address K-12 success, college access and success and/or services for veterans. Your service will strengthen infrastructure, build capacity, and leverage higher education’s resources to help alleviate poverty in Montana communities. Candidates must be at least 18 years of age and have a bachelor’s degree or comparable experience. Summer VISTA Service last ten weeks, does not require a completed degree, and of a more direct service nature than full-year VISTA service.
* 2018 - 2019 VISTA Full-time Opportunities
BENEFITS OF SERVICE
- Make a difference in the lives and communities you serve—Get Things Done for America!
- Opportunity to grow professionally and personally
- Join the National Service movement
- Pre- and post-service trainings
- Earn an Educational Award upon completion of service (this may be used to pay college loans or for future education costs)
- 13 Montana colleges and universities may match up to $1,000 annually of your Education Award
Click link for information on living stipend, health insurance and other VISTA benefits.